(For latest version of these guidelines please visit http://www.thewingchunschool.com/reopening/framework-for-re-opening)
These guidelines have been produced, in accordance with the frameworks which have been set out by UK Active and The Amateur Martial Arts Association, for our re-opening during an anticipated period of “social distancing” following the closure of our schools due to COVID-19.
The following are not negotiable and if not followed will not be sanctioned by Chief Instructor – Sifu Garry McKenzie
- Public Health England (PHE) or equivalent posters will be on display informing parents, students and instructors of social distancing and cleanliness/hygiene protocols throughout the facility.
- TWCS will commit to the wellbeing of their students and instructors, and if they show/have any signs of COVID-19 (temperature, cough and difficulty breathing), they will be sent home to follow Government regulations.
- TWCS will comply with any health designation documentation that the Government implements.
- Handwash, hand wipes/sanitisers and paper towels will be on offer (or people will be directed to where they can clean their hands).
- TWCS will ensure that social distancing is adhered to, further criteria is below for certain areas.
- Face masks will not be mandatory for instructors, unless their role requires this.
- It is down to the individual student to take reasonable personal responsibility when taking part in training.
- Continue rigorous cleaning procedures where applicable
- If there is a COVID-19 case in the facility, the operator will follow the PHE Guidance – www.gov.uk COVID-19 – Cleaning in non-healthcare settings while cleaning all areas of the facility where applicable.
- Instructors will carry out regular cleaning of high-contact touch points throughout the premises where applicable
- Please use cleaning/equipment checklist to tick off each item/area you have cleaned/sanitized
- Hand wash, hand wipes/sanitisers will be on offer (or directed to where people can clean their hands).
- Gloves are not mandatory as the World Health Organisation (WHO) advice is that it is preferable not to wear gloves but to regularly wash your hands.
- Queue management – 2m spacing markings on the floor and if necessary, outside the entrance.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed (2m apart).
- There will be a minimum of a 10-minute window in between classes, so no ‘waiting around’ in groups.
- Equipment will be cleaned in between use. This can either be done by the student or instructors using spray and cloths (or any cleaning material e.g. wipes) provided.
- If possible, markings will be made on the floor to show the area for individuals to stand.
- Doors should remain open, where possible, to avoid frequent contact with handles.
- Windows should be opened to allow for good ventilation
- Parents/spectators are no longer permitted to attend the class
- Students and instructors must arrive in full uniform.
- Changing areas will no longer be available for use.
- Where possible the temperature of individuals should be taken.
- All students must register before commencing the session.
- All individuals must place, whilst observing “social distancing”, personal items in a safe space.
- Students are not permitted to bring in personal training equipment unless specified.
- All students are to be reminded to wash their hands when they return home.
- All personal items remaining will be discarded immediately.
- A register of students attending must be kept.
- Lessons will be drilled based only.
- There will be no contact between students unless they are family members who live in the same household (including members of a household bubble).
- Classes are limited to the maximum capacity the hall/space can occupy based on the square footage, allowing for 2metres social distancing between students. If this is not known classes are limited to 15 students.
- One instructor must be assigned to collecting and dismissing children.
- Children will all be informed of the new rules and guidance around social distancing and the new training protocol, if there are any issues with a child/children deliberately not adhering the instructor should inform the parents/carers/guardians.
- Protocol for staggered drop-off and pick-up times for parents/carers will be in place across all schools.
- If the child shows any signs of COVID-19, they will be asked to leave the activity immediately.
PROTOCOL IF A CHILD/CHILDREN FALL ILL
The following procedures should be followed if someone presents with COVID-19 symptoms.
- If anyone becomes unwell with a new, continuous cough, loss or change of taste and smell or a high temperature they must be sent home and advised to follow the COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection guidance.
- If a child is suspected to be ill and is awaiting collection, they should be moved, if possible, to a room where they can be isolated behind a closed door, depending on the age of the child and with appropriate adult supervision if required. Ideally, a window should be opened for ventilation. If it is not possible to isolate them, move them to an area which is at least 2 metres away from other people.
- If they need to go to the bathroom while waiting to be collected, they should use a separate bathroom if possible. The bathroom should be cleaned and disinfected using standard cleaning products before being used by anyone else.
- PPE should be worn by the instructor caring for the child while they await collection if a distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained.
- Where the child, young person or instructor tests positive, the rest of their group should be sent home and advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Gradings are only available for children (until further notice) on white to orange belts.
- Grading numbers will be limited to 10 students only.
- Although there may be heightened concerns around first aid, this will continue as normal, with the below aspects to be used when needed:
- Resus masks for emergency first aid to be provided to all first aiders.
- Face masks for general first aid.
- The Resuscitation Council UK has provided specific guidance on CPR delivery – www.resus.org.uk
- Instructors to follow Government guidance for those carrying out administrative duties.
- Towels/’sweat towels’ will not be taken into the training area.
- All student contact information must be updated including phone number and email address.
- Card/contactless payment will be promoted.
- Administration will be promoted via email/whatsapp/telegram
- Training will be provided where required.
- Students over 70/with underlying health conditions will be assessed and may be asked to provide permission to train from their GP.
- All bins must be emptied into a double bag, tied securely after each class, left for 72 hours and then disposed of.
AMA INSURANCE-COVID-19 EXCLUSION
As it is a known event, Insurers have imposed the following endorsement on all new business and renewals:-
CORONAVIRUS ABSOLUTE EXCLUSION
Notwithstanding any other provision (including any communicable disease extension), no cover is provided under this policy for any claim, loss, cost or expense of whatever nature directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to by or resulting from coronavirus disease (COVID-19), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), or any mutation or variation thereof. This exclusion also applies to any claim, loss, cost or expense of whatever nature directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to by or resulting from: (i) any fear or threat (whether actual or perceived) of; or (ii) any action taken in controlling, preventing, suppressing or in any way relating to any outbreak of;
coronavirus disease (COVID-19), severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), or any mutation or variation thereof.’
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back. For your safety and the safety of others we are asking you to assist us by observing the following:
COMPLETE a COVID-19 waiver before recommencing your training. Download Wavier
PROVIDE contact details so that we can quickly inform you of any changes and keep you up to date.
USE our chosen contactless platform to make fee payments.